- TREAT ALL FIREARMS AS IF THEY ARE LOADED, ALWAYS.
- DON’T POINT THE MUZZLE AT ANYTHING YOU DON’T WANT TO DESTROY.
- KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL ON TARGET & READY TO SHOOT.
- KNOW YOUR TARGET, BACKSTOP & SURROUNDINGS.
Firearm Release Form for Gunsmithing & FFL Transfers. In consideration of the mutual promises set forth below in the body of this contract, Customer and Rich’s Gunsmithing, LLC (Rich’s) agree as follows:
New, Used, & Consignment Firearms
All safety features and operational methods of the firearm will be detailed by Rich’s at the time of purchase. Purchaser (Customer) agrees to indemnify, release, and voluntarily waive the right to hold Rich’s responsible for any damage, injury, death, or any other consequences which may arise from the use or misuse of firearms purchased from Rich’s.
Repair, Modification, & Custom Gunsmithing
- Rich’s shall undertake gunsmithing work as set forth on the Work Order.
- The Customer recognizes, realizes, and by reading and signing the Release Form, understands that by the Customer’s request these changes occur, that the Customer releases Rich’s, both individually and in any business form, it’s employees, volunteers, and any associated individuals or businesses, from any liability should any accident occur because of the requested changes or alterations.
- The Customer will indemnify and release Rich’s from all liability for any loss, damage, or injury to persons or property arising from or related to the performance of the agreement including, without limitation, all consequential damages whether or not they result from the negligence of the Customer or Customer’s agent.
- If any legal action, including a legal action in contract law, tort law, or criminal law, including an action for declaratory relief is brought to enforce or interpret the provisions of this contract, or a suit of liability, then the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees from the other party. These fees which may be set by the court in the same action or in a separate action, brought for that purpose, are in addition to any other relief to which the prevailing party may be entitled.
- This agreement supersedes all other agreements either oral or written, between the Customer and Rich’s, with respect to the subject of this contract. This contract contains all of the covenants and agreements between the parties with respect to the gunsmithing work pursuant to the Work Order and each party to this contract acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party, except those covenants and agreements embodied in this contract. No agreement, statement or promise not contained in this contract shall be binding or valid.
- The validity of this agreement and any of its terms or provisions, as well as the rights and duties of the parties under this agreement, shall be construed pursuant to and in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon. If any term of this agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, the remainder of the contract terms shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected.
- The Customer agrees that; the strength, use, misuse, quality, manufacturing defects, and past history of their firearm(s) and ammunition are unknown to Rich’s. Therefore unless the firearm(s) and ammunition are specifically inspected for safety and declared (in writing) by Rich’s to be safe and compatible with each other, the Customer, and only the Customer accepts full responsibility for their own safety when using this or any firearm.
- The Customer acknowledges to have voluntarily requested of Rich’s, activities which include, but which are not limited to, modifications and alterations to a firearm and its operation which may affect the operation of installed safety systems.
Assumption of Risk
I (also known as the Customer) am aware that alterations and modifications of firearms may be hazardous. I am voluntarily requesting that these activities take place with the full knowledge of the dangers involved which include injury, death, dismemberment, and paralysis, and I hereby agree to accept any and all risks of injury or death and verify this statement by placing my signature on this contract. As consideration for this gunsmithing being performed pursuant to my direction, I hereby agree that I, my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against, sue, or attack the property of Rich’s, any of its affiliated organizations or individuals for injuries or damages resulting from negligence or other acts how so ever caused by Rich’s, or any employee, agent, or contractor of Rich’s, or any of its affiliated organizations or individuals as a result from my request for modification or alteration to a gun. I hereby release Rich’s, any of its affiliated organizations, officers, employees, and volunteers, from all actions, claims, or demands that I, my assignees, heirs, guardians, or legal representatives now have or may hereafter have for injuries or damages resulting from my request of modification or alteration to a gun set forth on the Work Order.
Subscribe to our cool newsletter.