REQUIRED GUN SAFETY – Please read, understand, & follow:
- All guns are loaded, ALWAYS.
- Don’t point the muzzle at anything you don’t want to destroy.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until on your target & ready to shoot.
- Know your target & backstop.
Firearm Release Form for Gunsmithing & FFL Transfers. In consideration of the mutual promises set forth below in the body of this contract, Customer and Rich’s Gunsmithing, LLC (Rich’s) agree as follows:
New, Used, & Consignment Firearms
All safety features and operational methods of the firearm will be detailed by Rich’s at the time of purchase. Purchaser (Customer) agrees to indemnify, release, and voluntarily waive the right to hold Rich’s responsible for any damage, injury, death, or any other consequences which may arise from the use or misuse of firearms purchased from Rich’s.
Repair, Modification, & Custom Gunsmithing
- Rich’s shall undertake gunsmithing work as set forth on the Work Order.
- The Customer recognizes, realizes, and by reading and signing the Release Form, understands that by the Customer’s request these changes occur, that the Customer releases Rich’s, both individually and in any business form, it’s employees, volunteers, and any associated individuals or businesses, from any liability should any accident occur because of the requested changes or alterations.
- The Customer will indemnify and release Rich’s from all liability for any loss, damage, or injury to persons or property arising from or related to the performance of the agreement including, without limitation, all consequential damages whether or not they result from the negligence of the Customer or Customer’s agent.
- If any legal action, including a legal action in contract law, tort law, or criminal law, including an action for declaratory relief is brought to enforce or interpret the provisions of this contract, or a suit of liability, then the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees from the other party. These fees which may be set by the court in the same action or in a separate action, brought for that purpose, are in addition to any other relief to which the prevailing party may be entitled.
- This agreement supersedes all other agreements either oral or written, between the Customer and Rich’s, with respect to the subject of this contract. This contract contains all of the covenants and agreements between the parties with respect to the gunsmithing work pursuant to the Work Order and each party to this contract acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made
by or on behalf of any party, except those covenants and agreements embodied in this contract. No agreement, statement or promise not contained in this contract shall be binding or valid.
- The validity of this agreement and any of its terms or provisions, as well as the rights and duties of the parties under this agreement, shall be construed pursuant to and in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon. If any term of this agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, the remainder of the contract terms shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected.
- The Customer agrees that; the strength, use, misuse, quality, manufacturing defects, and past history of their firearm(s) and ammunition are unknown to Rich’s. Therefore unless the firearm(s) and ammunition are specifically inspected for safety and declared (in writing) by Rich’s to be safe and compatible with each other, the Customer, and only the Customer accepts full responsibility for their own safety when using this or any firearm.
- The Customer acknowledges to have voluntarily requested of Rich’s, activities which include, but which are not limited to, modifications and alterations to a firearm and its operation which may affect the operation of installed safety systems.
Assumption of Risk
I (also known as the Customer) am aware that alterations and modifications of firearms may be hazardous. I am voluntarily requesting that these activities take place with the full knowledge of the dangers involved which include injury, death, dismemberment, and paralysis, and I hereby agree to accept any and all risks of injury or death and verify this statement by placing my signature on this contract. As consideration for this gunsmithing being performed pursuant to my direction, I hereby agree that I, my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against, sue, or attack the property of Rich’s, any of its affiliated organizations or individuals for injuries or damages resulting from negligence or other acts how so ever caused by Rich’s, or any employee, agent, or contractor of Rich’s, or any of its affiliated organizations or individuals as a result from my request for modification or alteration to a gun. I hereby release Rich’s, any of its affiliated organizations, officers, employees, and volunteers, from all actions, claims, or demands that I, my assignees, heirs, guardians, or legal representatives now have or may hereafter have for injuries or damages resulting from my request of modification or alteration to a gun set forth on the Work Order.
REQUIRED GUN SAFETY – Please read, understand, & follow:
- TREAT ALL FIREARMS AS IF THEY ARE LOADED, ALWAYS.
- DON’T POINT THE MUZZLE AT ANYTHING YOU DON’T WANT TO DESTROY.
- KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL ON TARGET & READY TO SHOOT.
- KNOW YOUR TARGET, BACKSTOP & SURROUNDINGS.
- Follow all “REQUIRED GUN SAFETY” listed prior.
- Follow all commands given by the on duty Range Safety Officer.
- All firearms MUST be cased (gun case or holster) in such a manner that the trigger is not exposed and must remain cased until on the designated lane. Uncase/case all firearms at shooter’s stall with all muzzles pointing down range at all times. All firearms and personal items are the responsibility of the owner thereof.
- Do NOT retrieve any items (bullets, mags, brass, etc.), reach past, or go beyond the RED line for any reason. Notify RSO for assistance.
- NO drawing from holster on premises. Includes “practicing” with any firearms.
- NO SMOKING, alcohol, illegal substances, or any other drugs on the premises. Person(s) appearing intoxicated, disoriented, or otherwise not in complete control will be required to leave the premises immediately.
- NO food or drink in either range. Wash hands with cold water and soap after exiting the range.
- Eye & ear protection is required prior to entering either range. Do NOT remove these items for any reason.
- All firearms must be in safe operating condition. Use only the correct ammunition for the firearm.
- NO RE-LOADS of any kind! NO aluminum or steel casings, shotguns, black powder, armor piercing, tracer, incendiary, paintball, airsoft plastic pellets, full-automatic firearms (Including but not limited to: three-round bursts, crank-fire, bump-fire, slide-fire, and any mechanical devices that simulate full auto fire), projectiles containing an explosive charge or ammunition which may damage the backstop. Approved calibers: .17, .22, .380, 32, .38, .357, 9, .40, .45, .44, .223, 5.56 & 7.62×39. All ammunition must be inspected and approved by the front desk staff before entering the range. All rental firearms must use Rich’s Gun Shop’s ammunition only.
- All projectiles must impact in the designated areas and within their respective lane. NO warning will be given to those who shoot the ceiling baffles, stalls, tables, walls, floor, etc. The presiding Range Safety Officer has authorization to immediately dismiss you from the range and fees may be charged.
- NO shooting more than one firearm or with more than one person per stall at any time.
- To rent a firearm, customer must bring in their own firearm, or attend with a guest.
- NO metal, exploding or incendiary targets at any time.
- Misfires, jamming issues, malfunctions, etc. are the owner’s responsibility and will be addressed by clearing the firearm(s) as much as possible, place in the appropriate case(s), and immediately remove the firearm(s) from the premises (the parking lot is still considered “premises”). Owner of firearm(s) may give authorized staff permission to take control of firearm to address the issue(s), however Rich’s Gunsmithing LLC and its staff are not liable for any issue(s), whether it be known or unknown, previous to, during, or after handling the firearm(s).
- Do NOT damage or manipulate property of Rich’s Gun Shop.
- Any person may call a “Cease Fire” at any time. Notify RSO with any injuries or for assistance.
- Minors under 12 years old are required to attend a certification course prior to entering either range. Any minors under 21 years old must have parental or guardian present at all times.
SHOOTIN’ GALLERY RANGE RULES
- Follow all “Range Rules” listed prior.
- When loading, unloading and/or at rest, firearm is to be placed in rifle rest with action open.
- If firearm misfires, keep action closed & muzzle down range for 3 seconds, then place in the rifle rest with action open.
- Only use firearm(s) or ammunition provided by authorized staff or on duty Range Safety Officer.
- Do NOT shoot at anything other than designated targets.
WAIVER & RELEASE AGREEMENT
– I WILL FOLLOW ALL RULES.
– I’M NOT FEELING DEPRESSED OR SUICIDAL.
– I’M ELIGIBLE UNDER ALL LAWS TO BE IN POSSESSION OF A FIREARM.
– I’M NOT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANY SUBSTANCE OR MEDICATION THAT COULD LIMIT MY JUDGMENT OR ABILITY TO SAFELY OPERATE A FIREARM.
– I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I DO NOT HANDLE A FIREARM PROPERLY & SAFELY, I COULD CAUSE SERIOUS HARM OR DEATH TO MYSELF OR OTHERS.
NOTE: WE ADVISE THAT HANDS SHOULD BE WASHED IN COLD WATER AFTER ANY ACTIVITIES INVOLVING THE HANDLING OF LEAD BEFORE EATING, DRINKING, OR EVEN TOUCHING ANYTHING THAT COULD POTENTIALLY SPREAD OR ENTER THE BODY OR BLOODSTREAM.
NOTE: WE ADVISE THAT PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD CONSULT THEIR DOCTOR PRIOR TO ENGAGING IN ACTIVITIES INVOLVING EXPOSURE TO LEAD OR LOUD NOISES. WE STRONGLY ADVISE THAT NO PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ENTER THE RANGE AREAS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
NOTE: WE ADVISE THAT ATTENDEES WEAR APPROPRIATE ATTIRE. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO: COVERED TOE SHOES, NOT OVERLY TIGHT OR LOOSE CLOTHING, HATS, PANTS THAT COVER THE LEGS, & JEWELRY THAT CONFLICTS WITH THE ABILITY TO FOLLOW ANY RULES LISTED.
I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and will follow all the Required Gun Safety, Range Rules, and Shootin’ Gallery Range Rules. Failure to follow all rules will not only result in immediate dismissal but also the endangerment of others, for which Rich’s Gunsmithing LLC will not be held liable for. I’m not feeling depressed or suicidal. I’m eligible under all laws to be in possession of a firearm. I’m not under the influence of any substance or medication that could limit my judgement or ability to safely operate a firearm. I understand that if I do not handle a firearm properly and safely, I could cause serious harm or death to myself or others. All video surveillance recorded is property of Rich’s Gunsmithing LLC and I agree to release my right to said property. I acknowledge that there are various risks inherent in the activities of handling and discharging firearms. I assume all risks and dangers of bodily injury, crime, civil disturbance, property damage, loss or theft that may occur on Rich’s Gunsmithing LLC premises prior to, during or after the actual use of the gun ranges. I assume all risks and dangers are not limited to those items listed and I agree that I am fully responsible for my actions, whether they be towards myself or others, and I’m also accountable for all fees or charges that may be pressed against myself. I further understand, whether or not in actual use of the gun ranges, that there are unanticipated risks that can result in, but not limited to, any damage, ear or bodily damage, ricochet, theft, loss, injury, paralysis, or death, whether to myself or others, whether foreseen or unforeseen and hereby KNOWINGLY & INTENTIONALLY WAIVE AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Rich’s Gunsmithing LLC, and its owners, directors, officers, agents, sponsors, media partners, related persons, employees, and volunteers against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, medical bills, expenses (including attorneys’ fees) which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my being on the premises and/or participation in the gun ranges thereon.
PARENTAL GUARDIAN WAIVER & RELEASE AGREEMENT
I acknowledge that I am the natural parent, adoptive parent, or legal guardian (and NOT step-parent) of the Minor (under 21 years of age) stated under “Name of Attendee”. I grant the Minor permission to use and/or participate in any lawful activity on the premises, including but not limited to handling and discharging firearms (the “Activities”). I will supervise the Minor at all times during the Minor’s presence on premises. For no reason will I leave the Minor unsupervised. I understand that at any time the Minor conflicts with any Range Rules of Rich’s Gunsmithing LLC or authorized staff, they will be required to leave the premises immediately, and, in addition to, take full responsibility for any of the Minor’s actions on the premises, this includes but is not limited to any fees associated with actions. On behalf of the Minor, I understand and expressly assume the risks associated with these Activities and with the Minor’s participation in the Activities at the Premises. I further understand, whether or not in actual use of the gun ranges, that there are unanticipated risks that can result in, but not limited to, any damage, ear or bodily damage, ricochet, theft, loss, injury, paralysis, or death, whether to myself, the Minor or others, whether foreseen or unforeseen and on behalf of myself, and the Minor, hereby KNOWINGLY & INTENTIONALLY WAIVE AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Rich’s Gunsmithing LLC, and its owners, directors, officers, agents, sponsors, media partners, related persons, employees, and volunteers against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, medical bills, expenses (including attorneys’ fees) which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my, or the Minor’s, being on the premises and/or participation in the gun ranges thereon.
– Must be at least 12 years old to attend with parental supervision. Must be at least 18 to rent or use a rifle and/or at least 21 to rent or use a pistol on the range without parental supervision.
– A course may be taken for youth that are at least 6 years old, however, parental supervision must be present at all times, even during the course.